Visiting Mount Vernon
Visitors can enjoy all that Mount Vernon has to offer including the art, university setting, and cathedral. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- You'll find 107 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cedar Rapids - Iowa City
- The closest major airport is in Cedar Rapids, IA (CID-Eastern Iowa), 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Vernon
Places to visit in the larger region include Czech Village, National Czech and Slovak Museum and Library, and African American Museum of Iowa. Additionally, you'll find Lindale Mall and Coe College in the area.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Sleep Inn And Suites Mt Vernon - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
Dressing for Mount Vernon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 84°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 11°F
- About 34.57 inches of rain falls on Mount Vernon each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 14°F