Visiting Central City
History buffs will enjoy exploring Central City, and visitors give high marks for the casinos. Tourists who journey to this quaint city can discover its opera houses, mountain views, and restaurants. Top sights around the area include Winter Park Ski Resort, Coors Brewery, and Red Rocks Amphitheater.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Georgetown
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 22.8 mi (36.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 38.8 mi (62.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Central City
The city is well known for its opera and cultural venues like Central City Opera House. Additionally, in the area you'll find Winter Park Ski Resort and Coors Brewery.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Central City. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Skye Cottage Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and bathrooms.
- Century Casino & Hotel - Central City - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant, and free WiFi.
- Grand Z Casino Hotel - This 3-star hotel features a casino, 2 restaurants, and free valet parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable beds.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Red Rocks Amphitheater, 18.6 mi/29.9 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Central City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 48°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around -2°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 22°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 29°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 65°F as the daytime average and -1°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Central City is 12.01 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 79°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 1°F