Visiting Winter Park
Travelers to Winter Park give high marks for the ski areas and magnificent mountain views. This quaint city also attracts tourists with its live music. A top sight in the city is Winter Park Ski Resort.
- There are 448 hotels and other accommodations in Winter Park
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 35.7 mi (57.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 55.4 mi (89.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Winter Park
The city is well known for its live music scene and cultural venues like Cozens Ranch House Museum. Skiing, snowboarding, and hiking are top activities, while sights to visit include Winter Park Ski Resort, Grand Park Community Recreation Center, and Trestle Bike Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Winter Park Visitor Center and Moffat Tunnel West Portal.
In Winter Park, there are 448 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Valley Hi Motel - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Winter Park Chateau - Our customers like the breakfast at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Beaver Village Condos by Staywinterpark - This 3.5-star condo features an indoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Getting Around Winter Park
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Winter Park Station. Winter Park might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Winter Park
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 40°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 3°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 15°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 27°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 55°F as the daytime average and 4°F as the nighttime average
- Winter Park gets about 12.40 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 68°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 4°F