Find Hotels in Central Coast
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $59
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Visiting Central Coast
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Central Coast, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, relaxing spas, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its sporting events. Top sights in the city include Lake Macquarie, Australian Reptile Park, and Terrigal Beach.
- There are 573 hotels and other accommodations in Central Coast
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 41.3 mi (66.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown), 47.8 mi (77 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Central Coast
Cultural venues in the city include Alison Homestead, Laycock Street Theater, and Gosford Classic Car Museum. Families come for attractions such as Australian Reptile Park, TreeTop Adventure Park Central Coast, and Australia Walkabout Wildlife Park. The city is notable for landmarks like Norah Head Lighthouse, Henry Kendall Cottage & Historical Museum, and Crackneck Lookout.
In Central Coast, you'll find 573 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Avoca Valley Bed & Breakfast - This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Ocean Front at The Entrance - Our customers like the dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms at this motel. This 4-star motel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Gosford Palms Motor Inn - This 3.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Other favorite sights in Central Coast include Lake Macquarie, Terrigal Beach, and Copacabana Beach. Top places to see in the area include Avalon Beach, 19.3 mi/31 km from the heart of the city, and Manly Beach, which is 30.3 mi (48.8 km) away.
Getting Around Central Coast
With so many choices for transportation, exploring Central Coast is easy. Local metro stations include Tascott Station and Wyong Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Ourimbah Station, Niagara Park Station, or Tuggerah Station.
Dressing for Central Coast
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 73°F, while the average at night is 47°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 77°F and nighttime averages of 53°F
- About 46.50 inches of rain falls on Central Coast each year
- Usually January and February are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 47°F