Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Crewe, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its spas and coffeehouses. A top sight in the area is Norton Priory Museum.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodations in Crewe
- The closest major airport is in Manchester (MAN), 19.6 mi (31.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Liverpool (LPL-John Lennon), 23.8 mi (38.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crewe
Favorite places to visit in the city include Alexandra Stadium, Cranage Village Hall, and Jodrell Bank Discovery Centre. Additionally, you'll find Norton Priory Museum in the area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 39 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Crewe. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bridge Farm Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a terrace, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Corner Farm - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Vicarage Freehouse & Rooms - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
Top places to visit outside the city include Old Trafford, 26 mi/41.8 km from the heart of the city, and Imperial War Museum North, which is 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away.
Getting Around Crewe
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Crewe Station, Holmes Chapel Station, or Goostrey Station. Crewe may not have many public transit choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Crewe
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 67°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Crewe gets about 34.13 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F