Visitors can enjoy all that Dallas has to offer including its restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its welcoming locals.
- You'll find 64 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Scranton
- The closest major airport is in Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.), 12.9 mi (20.7 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dallas
Places to visit in the larger region include Mohegan Sun Arena, Shadowbrook Golf Course, and Lackawanna Coal Mine Tour. Additionally, you'll find Anthracite Heritage Museum and Lazy Brook Park in the area.
As you plan your trip to Dallas, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the heart of city, but you can select from 82 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- The Beaumont Inn is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from the center of Dallas. Guests who stay at this 3-star inn in Dallas can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and bar.
- Mohegan Sun Pocono is 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from central Dallas. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Wilkes-Barre can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Red Roof Inn Wilkes - Barre Arena is located 10.2 mi (16.4 km) from the heart of Dallas. This 2-star hotel in Wilkes-Barre features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour front desk. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Dallas
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 18°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 20°F at night
- About 38.27 inches of rain falls on Dallas each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 80°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 20°F