History buffs will enjoy exploring Danbury, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals.
- There are 44 hotels and other accommodations in Danbury
- The closest major airport is in Danbury, CT (DXR-Danbury Municipal), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Danbury
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Danbury Music Centre, Ridgefield Playhouse, and Danbury Railway Museum. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks such as Glebe House Museum and The Gertrude Jekyll Garden. The city's natural beauty is on display at Candlewood Lake, Flanders Nature Center, and Lake Waramaug.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 44 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Danbury. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Zero Degrees Danbury - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Hampton Inn Danbury - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Springhill Suites By Marriott - Danbury - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Yale Bowl, located 26.1 mi (41.9 km) from the heart of the city, and East Rock Park, which is 28.6 mi (46.1 km) away.
Dressing for Danbury
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 54°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 19°F
- From April to June, the average is 84°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 85°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 21°F as the nighttime average
- About 52.87 inches of rain falls on Danbury each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 21°F