Deadwood Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 14 affordable motels in Deadwood among the more than 247 lodging choices. These budget-friendly accommodations can help you cut costs when compared with traditional hotels, which may have more amenities but also come with a higher price tag.
Because you'll save on your room, you can enjoy all that Deadwood has to offer. Top sights to visit include Black Hills National Forest.
Fun fact: The first motels popped up in the 1920s as a convenient place to stay for the weary traveler driving along America's major roadways. Motels often include free parking, and many have outdoor pools.
Here are some of our customers' recommended Deadwood motels available to book:
Cedar Wood Inn
- Stay within a quick 1-minute drive of Black Hills National Forest.
- Enjoy access to the picnic area, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Iron Horse Inn
- A restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking are available during your stay.
- You'll be located within 19 minutes of Black Hills National Forest by car.
The Crow Peak Lodge
- Enjoy access to the laundry facilities, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
- If driving, you'll be within 12 minutes of Black Hills National Forest.
Whitetail Creek Resort
- It's located within a quick 1-minute drive of Black Hills National Forest.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like free toiletries.
Super 8 by Wyndham Sturgis
- Stay within a short 7-minute drive of Black Hills National Forest.
- Enjoy access to the fitness center, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
What to Do in Deadwood
Those visiting Deadwood love the entertainment and bars. Take time for sightseeing and enjoy all there is to do in this historical area.
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Black Hills National Forest
- Broken Boot Gold Mine
- Terry Peak
These are some attractions the whole family can enjoy:
- Adams House Museum
- Homestake Gold Mine
To learn more about local history, take some time at:
- D.C. Booth Historic National Fish Hatchery
- Geographic Center of the Nation Monument
Deadwood is also popular for its:
- Casino gaming
- Jogging trails
Best Time to Visit Deadwood
Figure out the ideal time to visit Deadwood by reviewing the seasonal weather details below:
- The hottest months are typically August and July, while December and January are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 53° F and nighttime temperatures average 19° F
- April-June: 84° F is the daytime average and 32° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 89° F and nighttime averages are around 44° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 67° F during the day and 18° F at night
- Average rainfall is 21.73 inches in a year
How to Get to Deadwood and Around the Area
|Rapid City, SD (RAP-Rapid City Regional) ||Airport ||40.7 mi (65.6 km) |