History buffs will enjoy exploring Deadwood, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, lively bar scene, and entertainment choices. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. A top sight in the city is Black Hills National Forest.
- There are 342 hotels and other accommodations in Deadwood
- The closest major airport is in Rapid City, SD (RAP-Rapid City Regional), 40.7 mi (65.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Deadwood
Cultural venues in the city include Adams Museum, Days of '76 Museum, and Tatanka: Story of the Bison. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Broken Boot Gold Mine, D.C. Booth Historic National Fish Hatchery, and Geographic Center of the Nation Monument. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hiking trails and these places to visit: Black Hills National Forest, Spearfish Canyon Scenic Byway, and Terry Peak.
In Deadwood, you'll be able to select from 342 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- 1899 Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a café, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and central location.
- AmericInn by Wyndham Belle Fourche - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Cedar Wood Inn - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free parking and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Deadwood
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 53°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 84°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 18°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Deadwood is 21.88 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 19°F