Visitors to Porterville are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés, shopping, and casinos. Top sights in the area include Fresno Art Museum and Forestiere Underground Gardens.
- You'll find 201 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fresno
- The closest major airport is in Visalia, CA (VIS-Visalia Municipal), 37.8 mi (60.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bakersfield, CA (BFL-Meadows Field), 39.3 mi (63.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Porterville
Favorite places to visit in the city include Eagle Mountain Casino, Porterville Municipal Golf Course, and Porterville City Pool. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Porterville Chamber of Commerce and Trail of 100 Giants.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Ex Ste Porterville - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Porterville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 38°F
- From April to June, the average is 97°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 100°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- About 10.59 inches of rain falls on Porterville each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 98°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F