Visitors can enjoy all that Hockessin has to offer including the restaurants, forests, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its festivals. Top sights around the area include Longwood Gardens and Fort Delaware State Park.
- You'll find 61 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Wilmington
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 24.3 mi (39 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 32.7 mi (52.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hockessin
A favorite place to visit in the city is Ashland Nature Center. In the area, you'll also find Longwood Gardens and Fort Delaware State Park.
As you start planning your visit to Hockessin, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 60 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Red Roof Inn PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport is located 20.7 mi (33.4 km) from the heart of Hockessin. This 2.5-star hotel in Essington features free WiFi, free parking, and laundry facilities. Our customers like its convenient parking and central location.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Springfield/Phil.Intl Airport is 20.9 mi (33.7 km) from the center of Hockessin. This 2-star hotel in Springfield features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. Our customers like its dining options and overall value.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport is 20.7 mi (33.3 km) from central Hockessin. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Essington can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its convenient parking and proximity to the airport.
Dressing for Hockessin
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- About 43.11 inches of rain falls on Hockessin each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F