Visitors can enjoy all that Derry has to offer including the basketball games, riverfront, and art. A top sight in the area is Southern New Hampshire University Arena.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodations in Derry
- The closest major airport is in Manchester, NH (MHT-Manchester-Boston Regional), 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Nashua, NH (ASH-Nashua Municipal), 12 mi (19.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Derry
Southern New Hampshire University Arena is a notable place to visit in the region. In the area, you'll also find America's Stonehenge and Mall of New Hampshire.
As you plan your vacation to Derry, the perfect accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 34 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Waterfront - 'nirvana' - Seasonal Cottage June - Sep. Family Friendly is 6.1 mi (9.9 km) from central Derry. This 3-star hotel in Merrimack features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- My Beautiful Derry Place is located 3.1 mi (5 km) from the heart of Derry. This 3-star hotel in Nashua features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Residences at Daniel Webster is 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the center of Derry. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Methuen can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Dressing for Derry
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 15°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 81°F during the day and 32°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 44.61 inches of rain falls on Derry each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F