Find Hotels in Dover, DE
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more from $58
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Aug 24, 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dover, and visitors give high marks for the casinos, shopping, and beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Top sights in the city include Dover International Speedway and Harrington Raceway and Casino.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Dover
- The closest major airport is in Millville, NJ (MIV-Millville Municipal), 28.3 mi (45.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Georgetown, DE (GED-Sussex County), 33.4 mi (53.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dover
Well-known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Delaware State Museums, Delaware Agricultural Museum and Village, and Biggs Museum of American Art. Favorite family attractions include Delaware State Fairgrounds and Abbott's Mill Nature Center. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Woodland Beach, Slaughter Beach, and Prime Hook Beach.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dover. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn Marriott Dover - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Dover Downs Hotel & Casino - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Milford - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other top sights in Dover include Dover International Speedway and Harrington Raceway and Casino.
Dressing for Dover
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 87°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Dover gets about 46.10 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 28°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Dover?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Dover, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Dover?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Dover?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Dover?
What's the best accommodation for a romantic vacation to Dover?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Dover?
Where is the best hotel to stay near Dover Downs Casino?
What about the best place to stay close to Dover International Speedway?
What's the best place to stay near the beach in Dover?
What's the best high-end place to stay in Dover?
Recent reviews of Dover hotels
More trip options
- Dover Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Dover Airports
- Hotels in Dover Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Dover Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Dover
- More Hotel Options in Dover
- Dover Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Delaware
- Other Hotels near Dover, Delaware
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends