Visitors to Madison are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its aquarium. Top sights around the area include East Rock Park and Yale Bowl.
- You'll find 36 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Old Saybrook
- The closest major airport is in New Haven, CT (HVN-Tweed - New Haven Regional), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Oxford, CT (OXC-Waterbury - Oxford), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Madison
Favorite places to visit in the city include North Madison Shopping Center, Deacon John Grave House, and Scranton Memorial Library. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Allis-Bushnell House and Museum and Hammonasset Beach State Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Madison. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Scranton Seahorse Inn - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Tidewater Inn - Our customers like the WiFi and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace.
- Madison Beach Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a private beach, and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its bar and beach locale.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include East Rock Park, 14.6 mi/23.5 km from the city center, and Yale Bowl, which is 17.6 mi/28.4 km away.
Dressing for Madison
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 22°F
- About 51.10 inches of rain falls on Madison each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 22°F