Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Niantic, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the casinos, beaches, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music. A top sight in the area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea.
- You'll find 133 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Mystic - New London
- The closest major airport is in New London, CT (GON-Groton - New London), 8.7 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fishers Island, NY (FID-Elizabeth Field), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Niantic
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: McCook Point Beach, Hole-in-the-Wall Beach, and Rocky Neck State Park. Additionally, you might want to add Childrens Museum of Southeastern Connecticut to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Niantic. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Inn at Harbor Hill Marina - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with cable TV. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast.
- Sleep Inn & Suites - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Motel 6 New London - Niantic - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Mystic Seaport - The Museum of America and the Sea, located 13.2 mi (21.3 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Niantic
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 52°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 22°F
- From April to June, the average is 79°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 68°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Niantic is 49.68 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 24°F