Families will find kid-friendly activities in Florence, and visitors give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its baseball games and aquarium. Top sights around the area include Newport Aquarium, Paul Brown Stadium, and Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal.
- You'll find 81 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Covington
- The closest major airport is in Cincinnati, OH (CVG-Cincinnati - Northern Kentucky Intl.), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cincinnati, OH (LUK-Cincinnati Municipal - Lunken Field), 12.9 mi (20.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Florence
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Florence Mall and Florence Antique Mall. While baseball fans may already be searching for tickets, everyone can enjoy a game or event at UC Health Stadium. Additionally, you might want to add World of Golf to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 29 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Florence. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and bathrooms.
- SpringHill Suites by Marriott Cincinnati Airport South - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and clean rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Home2 Suites Florence/Cincinnati Airport South, KY - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit outside the city include Newport Aquarium, located 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the city center, and Paul Brown Stadium, which is 9.1 mi/14.6 km away.
Dressing for Florence
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 59°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 23°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 39°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 24°F as the nighttime average
- Florence gets about 42.56 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 25°F