Travelers to Covington give high marks for the live music scene, popular theater scene, and must-see aquarium. Tourists who journey to this scenic city can discover its museums, entertainment choices, and restaurants. Top sights in the city include Newport Aquarium and Newport on the Levee.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodations in Covington
- The closest major airport is in Cincinnati, OH (LUK-Cincinnati Municipal - Lunken Field), 4.4 mi (7.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Cincinnati, OH (CVG-Cincinnati - Northern Kentucky Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Covington
Known for its live music, theaters, and museums, the city's cultural venues include Newport Aquarium, Northern Kentucky Gambling Museum, and Monmouth Theatre. The city is notable for landmarks like MainStrasse Village, Roebling Murals on the Floodwalls, and World Peace Bell. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and Big Bone Lick State Park.
In Covington, you'll find 95 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Florence - Cincinnati South - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and proximity to the airport.
- Hotel Covington Cincinnati Riverfront - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites-Cincinnati South - Wilder - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Other top sights in Covington include Newport on the Levee. In the surrounding area, popular places to see include National Underground Railroad Freedom Center, located 0.6 mi (1 km) from the city center, and Paul Brown Stadium, which is 0.6 mi/1 km away.
Dressing for Covington
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 60°F during the day and 22°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 37°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 23°F
- Average annual rainfall for Covington is 42.01 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 24°F