Visiting Fort Washington
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fort Washington, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its sporting events, shopping, and university setting. Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 427 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Philadelphia
- The closest major airport is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 3.1 mi (4.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia), 11.2 mi (18 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Washington
Favorite places to visit in the city include Clifton House, Hope Lodge, and Highlands Mansion and Gardens. Additionally, you might want to add Fort Washington State Park to your agenda.
Below is a top accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hilton Garden Inn Philadelphia Ft. Washington - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Top places to visit in the area include Liberty Bell Center, 13.2 mi/21.3 km from the heart of the city, and Independence Hall, which is 13.2 mi (21.3 km) away.
Getting Around Fort Washington
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Fort Washington Station. Fort Washington might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Fort Washington
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 60°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 20°F
- From April to June, the average is 86°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 22°F as the nighttime average
- Fort Washington gets about 1.42 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 23°F