Visitors can enjoy all that Havertown has to offer including the local tours, riverfront, and basketball games. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its spas. Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 430 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Philadelphia
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 11.1 mi (17.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Havertown
Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Philadelphia Museum of Art and Ben Franklin National Memorial.
As you plan your vacation to Havertown, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 335 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the area:
- Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square is located 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from the heart of Havertown. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
- Philadelphia 201 Hotel is 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from central Havertown. This 3.5-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square is 7.9 mi (12.7 km) from the center of Havertown. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Reading Terminal Market, located 8.3 mi (13.4 km) from the city center, and Wells Fargo Center, which is 9 mi/14.5 km away.
Getting Around Havertown
Nearby metro stations include Beechwood-Brookline Station and Penfield Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Havertown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 60°F and the nighttime average to be 20°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 86°F during the day and 35°F at night
- July through September averages 88°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 71°F during the day and 22°F at night
- About 1.42 inches of rain falls on Havertown each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F