Visiting Upper Darby
Visitors can enjoy all that Upper Darby has to offer including the theaters, live music, and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's local tours and restaurants. Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 426 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Philadelphia
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 6 mi (9.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 12 mi (19.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Upper Darby
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo. In the area, you'll also find Philadelphia Museum of Art and Ben Franklin National Memorial.
As you start planning your visit to Upper Darby, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 313 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Sharif's Bed & Breakfast is located in central Upper Darby. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Upper Darby can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms.
- Beautiful, Comfortable,cozy, House Available for Rental is 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from central Upper Darby. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
- Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square is located 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from the heart of Upper Darby. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Reading Terminal Market, 5.9 mi/9.5 km from the city center, and Wells Fargo Center, which is 6.5 mi (10.5 km) away.
Getting Around Upper Darby
You can access metro transit at 69th Street Transport Center Station, Parkview Station, and Milbourne Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want to rent a car for your trip.
Dressing for Upper Darby
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 25°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 39°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 72°F and nighttime averages of 27°F
- About 41.46 inches of rain falls on Upper Darby each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 27°F