Visitors can enjoy all that Jenkintown has to offer including the restaurants, spas, and golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing setting. Around the area, top sights include Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo.
- You'll find 427 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Philadelphia
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Blue Bell, PA (BBX-Wings Field), 8.9 mi (14.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jenkintown
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Liberty Bell Center, Independence Hall, and Philadelphia Zoo. Additionally, in the area you'll find Philadelphia Museum of Art and Ben Franklin National Memorial.
As you start planning your visit to Jenkintown, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 167 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square is 10.1 mi (16.2 km) from the center of Jenkintown. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
- Philadelphia 201 Hotel is located 9.7 mi (15.7 km) from the heart of Jenkintown. This 3.5-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square is 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from central Jenkintown. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Reading Terminal Market, 9.9 mi/15.9 km from the city center, and Citizens Bank Park, which is 13.2 mi (21.2 km) away.
Dressing for Jenkintown
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 57°F during the day and 24°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 52°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 25°F
- Jenkintown gets about 46.97 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 26°F