Visitors can enjoy all that Scotia has to offer including the museums and art. There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Eureka, CA (ACV-Arcata - Eureka), 36.6 mi (58.9 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Scotia
Places to visit in the larger region include Humboldt Redwoods State Park, River Lodge Conference Center, and Fortuna Dog Park. Additionally, you'll find Fortuna Depot Museum and Fortuna City Hall in the area.
As you plan your trip to Scotia, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 37 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Best Western Plus Bayshore Inn is 24.3 mi (39.1 km) from central Scotia. This 2.5-star hotel in Eureka features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Country Inn is located 11.1 mi (17.8 km) from the heart of Scotia. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Fortuna can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- The Redwood Riverwalk Hotel is 11.2 mi (18 km) from the center of Scotia. This 2.5-star hotel in Fortuna features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Dressing for Scotia
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 45°F at night
- July through September averages 73°F during the day and 51°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 72°F during the day and 42°F at night
- About 48.90 inches of rain falls on Scotia each year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 43°F