Visitors can enjoy all that Freeland has to offer including the golf courses and ski areas. There are 60 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Saginaw, MI (MBS-MBS Intl.), 2.8 mi (4.5 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeland
A favorite place to visit in the city is Apple Mountain. Additionally, you'll find Dow Diamond and Kokomos Family Fun Center in the area.
As you make plans for a getaway to Freeland, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 24 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Saginaw, MI is 9.4 mi (15.2 km) from the center of Freeland. This 3-star hotel in Saginaw features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Baymont by Wyndham Bridgeport/Frankenmuth is located 18 mi (29 km) from the heart of Freeland. This 2-star hotel in Bridgeport features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Saginaw is 9 mi (14.5 km) from central Freeland. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Saginaw can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Freeland
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 49°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 15°F
- From April to June, the average is 81°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 66°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- About 31.54 inches of rain falls on Freeland each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 17°F