Families will find kid-friendly activities in Saginaw, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, lively bar scene, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, theaters, and sporting events. Top sights in the city include The Dow Event Center, Birch Run Premium Outlets, and Lake Huron.
- There are 95 hotels and other accommodations in Saginaw
- The closest major airport is in Saginaw, MI (MBS-MBS Intl.), 10.3 mi (16.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Flint, MI (FNT-Bishop Intl.), 33.3 mi (53.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Saginaw
The city is well known for its live music and theaters, and cultural venues include Midland Center for the Arts, Temple Theatre, and Castle Museum. Families come for attractions such as Bronner's Christmas Wonderland, Wilderness Trails Zoo, and Children's Zoo at Celebration Square. The city is notable for landmarks like Riverwalk Pier, Veterans Memorial Park, and The Tridge.
In Saginaw, you'll find 95 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Residence Inn Midland Marriott - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Drury Inn & Suites Frankenmuth - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Marv Herzog Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and overall value.
Other favorite sights in Saginaw include The Dow Event Center, Birch Run Premium Outlets, and Lake Huron.
Dressing for Saginaw
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 50°F during the day and 13°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 29°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Average annual rainfall for Saginaw is 33.24 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°F