Families will find kid-friendly activities in Gatwick, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, lively bar scene, and shopping. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts tourists with its cafés. Around the area, top sights include Chartwell, Sheffield Park Garden, and Chessington World of Adventures.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodations in Gatwick
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 24.6 mi (39.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gatwick
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Chartwell, Sheffield Park Garden, and Chessington World of Adventures. Additionally, you'll find Gatwick Aviation Museum and Crawley Town Hall in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Gatwick. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton by Hilton London Gatwick Airport - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sofitel London Gatwick - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and proximity to the airport at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a 24-hour fitness center, along with free WiFi.
- Oakhurst Gatwick - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its convenient parking and quiet location.
Getting Around Gatwick
If you want to see more of the area, ride aboard a train from Gatwick Express Station, Gatwick Airport Station, or Crawley Gatwick Airport Station. Gatwick may not have many public transit choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Gatwick
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on Gatwick each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F