Families will find kid-friendly activities in Horley, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cafés and art. Chartwell, Sheffield Park Garden, and Chessington World of Adventures are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Horley
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 24.1 mi (38.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Horley
A favorite place to visit in the city is Gatwick Aviation Museum. In the area, you'll also find Chartwell and Sheffield Park Garden.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Horley. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Latchetts Cottage - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to the airport and comfortable beds.
- Trumbles - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this B&B. Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free breakfast and parking.
- Vulcan Lodge Guest House - Amenities at this 4-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Chessington World of Adventures, 14 mi/22.6 km from the heart of the city, and Selhurst Park Stadium, which is 16 mi (25.7 km) away.
Getting Around Horley
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Horley Station. Horley might not have many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Horley
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 51°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 35°F
- From April to June, the average is 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 60°F as the daytime average and 36°F as the nighttime average
- Horley gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 69°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 36°F