Visiting East Grinstead
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in East Grinstead, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's gardens and cocktail bars. Sheffield Park Garden, Chartwell, and Ightham Mote are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodations in East Grinstead
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 7 mi (11.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LCY-London City), 27.4 mi (44 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in East Grinstead
The city is notable for landmarks like Standen, Sackville College, and St Swithun's Church. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Stone Farm Rocks and St. Margaret's Church.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in East Grinstead. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Ravenswood - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and conference space, along with an in-room coffeemaker. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Alexander House And Utopia Spa - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool.
- Crowne Plaza Felbridge - Gatwick - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its proximity to the airport and quiet rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Sheffield Park Garden, 7.8 mi/12.5 km from the heart of the city, and Chartwell, which is 10.3 mi (16.6 km) away.
Getting Around East Grinstead
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at East Grinstead Station. East Grinstead might not have very many public transit options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for East Grinstead
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 51°F and the nighttime average to be 35°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September averages 70°F during the day and 48°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 60°F during the day and 36°F at night
- About 0.98 inches of rain falls on East Grinstead each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 69°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 36°F