Families will find kid-friendly activities in Crawley, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its gardens. Around the area, top sights include Sheffield Park Garden, Chartwell, and Chessington World of Adventures.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Crawley
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in London (LHR-Heathrow), 27 mi (43.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crawley
Favorite family attractions include K2 Crawley Leisure Center and Tulley's Farm. Notable city landmarks like St. John the Baptist Church and Worth St. Nicholas' Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and Tilgate Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in Crawley. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Windfalls Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 5-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and proximity to the airport.
- Linchens Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this B&B. Amenities at this 3-star bed & breakfast include free WiFi and free parking.
- The Old House Inn - This 4-star inn features free breakfast, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and WiFi.
Top places to visit outside the city include Sheffield Park Garden, 11.6 mi/18.7 km from the heart of the city, and Chartwell, which is 14.7 mi (23.7 km) away.
Getting Around Crawley
If you want to journey outside of the city, ride aboard a train from Crawley Station, Crawley Three Bridges Station, or Crawley Ifield Station. Crawley may not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Crawley
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 51°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 69°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 70°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 60°F and nighttime averages of 36°F
- Crawley gets about 0.98 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 69°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 36°F