Find Hotels in Higuey
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 20, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 8, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 13, 2020
Visitors can enjoy all that Higuey has to offer including the beaches, sporting events, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, shopping, and monuments.
- You'll find 581 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Punta Cana
- The closest major airport is in La Romana (LRM-La Romana Intl.), 17.2 mi (27.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Punta Cana (PUJ-Punta Cana Intl.), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Higuey
A favorite place to visit in the city is La Altagracia Cathedral. In the area, you'll also find Macao Beach and Hard Rock Golf Club at Cana Bay.
As you start planning for your getaway to Higuey, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 457 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Higuey Center City, George City is located in the heart of Higuey. This 3-star vacation home in Higuey features free WiFi, a 24-hour fitness center, and a 24-hour business center.
- This Apartment is Equipped Kitchen, Bathroom, Hot Water Wifi and Cable TV Plasma is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from central Higuey. This 4.5-star resort in Bavaro features 13 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a golf course. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and proximity to the airport.
- Nicole's Guest Home is located 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from the heart of Higuey. This 4-star resort in Bavaro features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a casino. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and helpful staff.
Dressing for Higuey
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 84°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 66°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 68°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 72°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 87°F as the daytime average and 67°F as the nighttime average
- About 1.97 inches of rain falls on Higuey each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 66°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Higuey?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Higuey, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Higuey?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to La Altagracia Cathedral?
Recent reviews of Higuey hotels
More trip options
- Higuey Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Higuey Airports
- Hotels near Popular Higuey Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Higuey
- More Hotel Options in Higuey
- Higuey Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in Punta Cana
- Other Hotels near Higuey, Punta Cana
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends