Find Hotels in Puunene, HI
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on Dec 22, 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Jan 17, 2021
Visitors can enjoy all that Puunene has to offer including the shopping, beaches, and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's museums and architecture. Top sights around the area include Kaanapali Beach, Maui Arts and Cultural Center, and Maui Nui Botanical Gardens.
- There are 3908 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Kahului, HI (OGG), 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Kapalua, HI (JHM-West Maui), 15.9 mi (25.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Puunene
A favorite place to visit in the city is Alexander and Baldwin Sugar Museum. In the area, you'll also find Kaanapali Beach and Maui Arts and Cultural Center.
As you make plans for a getaway to Puunene, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 990 hotels and lodging options locally. Below are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Maui Seaside Hotel is 2.1 mi (3.4 km) from the city's heart. This 2.5-star hotel in Kahului features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Maui Beach Hotel is located within 2.1 mi (3.4 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Kahului can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and central location.
Top places to see around the area include Haleakala National Park, located 21.8 mi (35.1 km) from the city center, and Maui Nui Botanical Gardens, which is 2.9 mi/4.6 km away.
Dressing for Puunene
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 82°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 63°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 65°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 70°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 88°F as the daytime average and 64°F as the nighttime average
- Puunene gets about 17.09 inches of rain per year
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 88°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 63°F