Find Hotels in Kauai, HI
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Oct 27, 2020
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Kauai, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, beautiful waterfalls, and local tours. Top sights in the city include Hanalei Bay, Princeville Golf Course, and Waimea Canyon.
- There are 2058 hotels and other accommodations in Kauai
- The closest major airport is in Lihue, HI (LIH), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Kauai
Cultural venues in the city include Kilohana Plantation, Kauai Museum, and Kokee Natural History Museum. Attractions like Kauai Mini Golf, Smith's Tropical Paradise, and Kauai Coffee Company are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Kadavul Hindu Temple, Kilauea Lighthouse, and Swinging Bridge.
In Kauai, you'll find 2058 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Grand Hyatt Kauai Resort and Spa - Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Poipu can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Koa Kea Hotel & Resort - Our customers like the dining options and helpful staff at this resort. Guests who stay at this 4.5-star resort in Poipu can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Hale Ho'o Maha Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Other favorite sights in Kauai include Hanalei Bay, Princeville Golf Course, and Waimea Canyon.
Dressing for Kauai
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 79°F during the day and 65°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 68°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 74°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 66°F
- Kauai gets about 37.01 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 85°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 66°F