Visiting Klamath Falls
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Klamath Falls, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, beautiful waterfalls, and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events.
- You'll find 60 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Klamath Lake
- The closest major airport is in Klamath Falls, OR (LMT-Klamath Falls Intl.), 8.2 mi (13.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Medford, OR (MFR-Rogue Valley Intl.), 52 mi (83.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Klamath Falls
The city's lakeside and hiking trails provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Klamath Falls Skatepark. Top activities include wildlife viewing and biking, while Crater Lake Zipline is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Favell Museum of Western Art and Indian Artifacts and Baldwin Hotel Museum.
In Klamath Falls, you'll find 52 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect vacation. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- WorldMark Running Y - With a stay at this 3.5-star condo, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia travelers love its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Running Y Ranch Vacation Home Rentals - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Best Western Plus Olympic Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
Getting Around Klamath Falls
If you want to venture outside of the area, ride aboard one of the trains from Klamath Falls Station. Klamath Falls might not have many public transportation choices so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Klamath Falls
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 79°F, while the average at night is 27°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 86°F with nighttime averages of 35°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Average annual rainfall for Klamath Falls is 14.49 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 21°F