Lansing Motels for the Frugal Traveler
You'll find 6 affordable motels in Lansing among more than 65 hotels and other accommodations. When you pick one of these budget-friendly accommodations, there might not be abundant amenities like you'd find at a traditional hotel but you'll save more cash to use on your vacation.
Because you'll save on your room price, you can enjoy all that Lansing has to offer. Not-to-be-missed sights include Michigan State Capitol, Impression 5 Science Center, and Spartan Stadium.
Fun fact: Introduced in the early 1950s, colorful neon signs were used as beacons for tired families on road trips, and examples today can still be seen along historic U.S. Route 66. At most motels, you'll often find free parking and an outdoor pool.
Below are some of our customers’ favorite Lansing motels to choose from:
Motel 6 Lansing
- Stay within a short 10-minute drive of Michigan State Capitol.
- Enjoy access to the outdoor pool, free parking, and laundry facilities.
Americas Best Value Inn Lansing
- A 24-hour front desk and coffee in the lobby are available during your stay, along with room amenities like a private balcony.
- It's located within a 10-minute drive of Impression 5 Science Center and Michigan State Capitol.
Americas Best Value Inn Charlotte, MI
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including breakfast, WiFi, and parking.
- Stay within a 30-minute drive of Michigan State Capitol and Impression 5 Science Center.
Village Inn Motel Holt
- It's located within a 20-minute drive of Impression 5 Science Center and Michigan State University.
- Free WiFi and free parking are available during your stay, along with room amenities like satellite TV.
- Stay within a quick 5-minute drive of Michigan State Capitol.
- Enjoy access to the 24-hour front desk, and freebies including WiFi and parking.
Things to Do in Lansing
Check out the college campus and enjoy the top-notch restaurants in this family-friendly area while you're sightseeing. People visiting Lansing love its shops.
Here are some popular places:
- Michigan State Capitol
- Impression 5 Science Center
- Spartan Stadium
These are some of the parks and outdoorsy places:
- Wentworth Park
- Reutter Park
- Adado Riverfront Park
You'll find these family-friendly attractions:
- Potter Park Zoo
- Uncle John's Cider Mill
- Abrams Planetarium
Lansing is also known for its:
- Historical sites
Best Time to Visit Lansing
Determine the perfect time for your visit to Lansing by looking over these seasonal weather details:
- The hottest months are typically July and June, while January and February are the coldest months
- January-March: Daytime temperatures average 51° F and nighttime temperatures average 16° F
- April-June: 82° F is the daytime average and 32° F is the nighttime average
- July-September: Daytime averages are around 83° F and nighttime averages are around 46° F
- October-December: The average temperatures are 66° F during the day and 18° F at night
- Average rainfall is 31.73 inches in a year
How to Get to Lansing and Around the Area
|Lansing, MI (LAN-Capital Region Intl.) ||Airport ||3.4 mi (5.5 km) |
|Flint, MI (FNT-Bishop Intl.) ||Airport ||44.4 mi (71.5 km) |
|Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.) ||Airport ||50.6 mi (81.5 km) |
|East Lansing Station ||Train Station ||3.1 mi (5 km) |