Visiting Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Travelers give high marks for the beaches in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, which is also known for its cafés. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks and aquarium. A top sight in the city is San Telmo Park.
- There are 429 hotels and other accommodations in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- The closest major airport is in Las Palmas (LPA-Gran Canaria), 14.2 mi (22.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
Attractions like Poema del Mar Aquarium and Viera y Clavijo Botanical Garden are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for landmarks like Plaza Espana, La Luz Castle, and Pueblo Canario Chapel. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: San Telmo Park, Santa Catalina Park, and Las Canteras Beach.
In Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, there are 429 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect vacation. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
Dressing for Las Palmas de Gran Canaria
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 71°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 58°F
- From April to June, the average is 78°F during the day and 60°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 81°F during the day and 68°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 59°F as the nighttime average
- About 4.53 inches of rain falls on Las Palmas de Gran Canaria each year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 80°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 59°F