Visiting Puerto de la Cruz
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Puerto de la Cruz, and visitors give high marks for the beaches and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its parks. Top sights around the area include Loro Park and Teide National Park.
- There are 177 hotels and other accommodations in Puerto de la Cruz
- The closest major airport is in Santa Cruz de Tenerife (TFN-Tenerife North), 13.3 mi (21.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Tenerife (TFS-Tenerife South), 25.5 mi (41.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Puerto de la Cruz
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Risco Belle Aquatic Gardens, Sitio Litre Garden, and Taoro Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Las Piramides de Martianez Shopping Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Loro Park and Church of Nuestra Senora de la Pena de Francia.
In Puerto de la Cruz, you'll be able to select from 177 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Apartamentos Villa Rosalva - This 3.5-star apartment features an outdoor pool, free parking, and a bar. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel Botanico & The Oriental Spa Garden - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and beach locale at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features 3 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and 4 restaurants.
- Hotel Riu Garoé - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and pool.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Teide National Park, located 14.3 mi (23 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Puerto de la Cruz
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 74°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 60°F
- From April to June, the average is 80°F during the day and 61°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 83°F during the day and 67°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 80°F as the daytime average and 61°F as the nighttime average
- Puerto de la Cruz gets about 0.20 inches of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 82°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 60°F