Visiting Les Terres Basses
Visitors to Les Terres Basses are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and architecture. Top sights around the area include Maho Beach, Marigot Market, and Fort St. Louis.
- There are 62 hotels and other accommodations in Les Terres Basses
- The closest major airport is in Philipsburg (SXM-Princess Juliana Intl.), 2.3 mi (3.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Case (SFG-L'Esperance), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Les Terres Basses
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Long Beach, Red Bay Beach, and Plum Bay Beach. In the area, you'll also find Maho Beach and Marigot Market.
In Les Terres Basses, you'll find 62 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. Here's a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Belmond La Samanna - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Fort St. Louis, located 3.5 mi (5.6 km) from the city center, and Pinel Island, which is 8.5 mi (13.7 km) away.
Dressing for Les Terres Basses
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 85°F and the nighttime average to be 74°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 80°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 89°F during the day and 75°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Les Terres Basses is 1.46 inches
- Hottest months are usually June and October with an average temperature of 89°F, while the coldest months are February and March with an average of 74°F