Visitors can enjoy all that Lockwood has to offer including the parks and monuments. Top sights in the area include Mission San Luis Obispo de Tolosa, Morro Bay State Park, and Morro Rock.
- You'll find 740 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Luis Obispo
- The closest major airport is in King City, CA (KIC-Mesa Del Rey), 17.5 mi (28.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Lockwood
A couple of favorite places to visit are Mission San Antonio de Padua and Silver Peak Wilderness. You'll also find Henry Miller Memorial Library and Sand Dollar Beach in the area.
As you start planning for your getaway to Lockwood, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can select from 30 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- Cavalier Oceanfront Resort is 26.6 mi (42.9 km) from the center of Lockwood. This 3.5-star hotel in San Simeon features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Our customers like its dining options and comfortable rooms.
- San Simeon Lodge is located 26.6 mi (42.7 km) from the heart of Lockwood. This 2.5-star motel in San Simeon features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
- Silver Surf Motel is 26.7 mi (42.9 km) from central Lockwood. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in San Simeon can enjoy access to free parking and a spa tub, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Top places to visit in the area include Hearst Castle, 21.5 mi/34.6 km from the city center, and Elephant Seal Rookery, which is 22.8 mi/36.7 km away.
Dressing for Lockwood
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 72°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 83°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- Lockwood gets about 11.57 inches of rain per year
- September and August are usually the hottest months averaging 86°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 38°F