Visiting Big Sur
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Big Sur, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its forests. A top sight in the city is Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park.
- You'll find 440 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Monterey
- The closest major airport is in King City, CA (KIC-Mesa Del Rey), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), 39.1 mi (63 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Big Sur
The seaside and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Julia Pfeiffer Burns State Park, Limekiln State Park, and McWay Falls. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are New Camaldoli Hermitage and McWay Cove.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
A top sight in the surrounding area is Bixby Bridge, 28.3 mi/45.5 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Big Sur
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 72°F and the nighttime average to be 37°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 83°F during the day and 37°F at night
- Big Sur gets about 11.57 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 86°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 38°F