Visitors can enjoy all that Madrid has to offer including the art and museums. There are 64 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Santa Fe, NM (SAF-Santa Fe Municipal), 15.1 mi (24.3 km) from the city center.
Sightseeing and Staying in Madrid
Places to visit in the larger region include Turquoise Trail Trading Post, St. Joseph Parish, and Casa Grande Trading Post. In the area, you'll also find Cerrillos Hills State Park and Encaustic Art Institute.
As you plan for your vacation to Madrid, you might not find the perfect accommodation in the city center, but you can select from 64 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- A Unique Vacation Rental Overrun By Pennies! Walk To Everything In Town! is 0.1 mi (0.2 km) from the center of Madrid. This 2.5-star hotel in Santa Fe features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its pool and central location.
- La Quinta Inn Santa Fe is located 17.4 mi (28 km) from the heart of Madrid. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Santa Fe can enjoy access to free parking and a seasonal outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location.
- Motel 6 Santa Fe - Cerrillos Road South is 18.3 mi (29.4 km) from central Madrid. This 3-star hotel in Santa Fe features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Madrid
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 62°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 43°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- Madrid gets about 13.46 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 87°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 19°F