Visiting Maprao Island
Visitors to Maprao Island are sure to enjoy the beaches, local tours, and restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and welcoming setting. Patong Beach, Chalong Temple, and Phuket Aquarium are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2948 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Phuket
- The closest major airport is in Phuket (HKT-Phuket Intl.), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Maprao Island
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Patong Beach, Chalong Temple, and Phuket Aquarium. In the area, you'll also find Bangla Road and Phuket Fantasea.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Village Coconut Island - This 5-star villa features 2 outdoor pools, a full-service spa, and a private beach. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Top places to visit in the area include Big Buddha, 10.9 mi/17.6 km from the heart of the city, and Promthep Cape, which is 14.9 mi (24 km) away.
Dressing for Maprao Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 93°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 72°F
- From April to June, the average is 93°F during the day and 75°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 88°F during the day and 75°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Maprao Island gets about 2.91 inches of rain per year
- March and February are usually the hottest months averaging 92°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F