Visitors to Maquoketa are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, opera houses, and entertainment choices.
- You'll find 11 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Clinton
- The closest major airport is in Dubuque, IA (DBQ-Dubuque Regional), 23.2 mi (37.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Moline, IL (MLI-Quad City Intl.), 43.3 mi (69.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Maquoketa
Cultural venues in the city include Clinton Engines Museum, Ohnward Fine Arts Center, and Jackson County Historical Society. The city's natural beauty is on display at Horseshoe Pond County Park, Jackson County Conservation, and Maquoketa Caves State Park. Additionally, you'll find Springbrook Country Club and Bellevue State Park in the area.
This is a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Squiers Manor B&B - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Maquoketa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 52°F during the day and 11°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 82°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 12°F
- Average annual rainfall for Maquoketa is 36.34 inches
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 14°F