History buffs will enjoy exploring Dubuque, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront, casinos, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, aquarium, and restaurants. A top sight in the area is Chestnut Mountain Resort.
- There are 49 hotels and other accommodations in Dubuque
- The closest major airport is in Dubuque, IA (DBQ-Dubuque Regional), 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Dubuque
The city is well known for its museums and festivals, and cultural venues include Five Flags Center, National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium, and Bell Tower Theater. Families come for attractions such as National Mississippi River Museum & Aquarium, Matter Creative Center, and Dubuque Welcome Center. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Field of Dreams, St. Luke's United Methodist Church, and Julien Dubuque Bridge.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 49 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Dubuque. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Baymont by Wyndham Bellevue - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and pool.
- TownePlace Suites by Marriott Dubuque Downtown - Our customers like the overall value and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free Internet.
- The Richards House Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Chestnut Mountain Resort, located 19 mi (30.5 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Dubuque
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 11°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 82°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 12°F at night
- Dubuque gets about 36.34 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 14°F