Visiting Miramar Beach
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Miramar Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, lively bar scene, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and seafood restaurants. Silver Sands Premium Outlets, Destin Commons, and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 4015 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- The closest major airport is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 13.9 mi (22.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Miramar Beach
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Silver Sands Premium Outlets and Grand Boulevard Town Center. Golfing is just one of the top activities, while Burnt Pine Golf Club and The Golf Garden of Destin are sights to visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Destin Commons and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park.
In Miramar Beach, you'll find 1263 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday retreat. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Embarc Sandestin - This 3-star condo resort features a full-service spa, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Residence Inn Sandestin at Grand Boulevard - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Courtyard by Marriott Sandestin Grand Boulevard - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and comfortable, quiet rooms.
A top sight outside the city is Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, located 14.5 mi (23.4 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Miramar Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 71°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 89°F, while the average at night is 57°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 68°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 83°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- Miramar Beach gets about 62.36 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 46°F