Visitors can enjoy all that Valparaiso has to offer including its museums. Around the area, top sights include Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, and Destin Commons.
- There are 3609 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 7.7 mi (12.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Valparaiso
A favorite place to visit in the city is Air Force Armament Museum. In the area, you'll also find Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park.
As you make plans for a getaway to Valparaiso, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but there are 1693 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the area:
- The Island, by Hotel RL is located 7.9 mi (12.6 km) from the heart of Valparaiso. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Fort Walton Beach can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with pillowtop beds. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Wyndham Garden Fort Walton Beach Destin is 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the center of Valparaiso. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Fort Walton Beach can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Best Western Sugar Sands Inn & Suites is 9.3 mi (15 km) from central Valparaiso. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Destin can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Destin Commons, 9.5 mi/15.2 km from the heart of the city, and Silver Sands Premium Outlets, which is 13.3 mi (21.4 km) away.
Dressing for Valparaiso
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 73°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 37°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 48°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 90°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 84°F as the daytime average and 37°F as the nighttime average
- About 70.94 inches of rain falls on Valparaiso each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 39°F