Visitors to Shalimar are sure to enjoy the beaches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park, Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, and Destin Commons.
- You'll find 4042 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- The closest major airport is in Fort Walton Beach, FL (VPS-Northwest Florida Regional), 3.9 mi (6.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 7 mi (11.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Shalimar
A favorite place to visit in the city is Shalimar Pointe Golf Club. In the area, you'll also find Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park.
This is a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Destin Commons, 9.7 mi/15.6 km from the heart of the city, and Silver Sands Premium Outlets, which is 14.1 mi/22.7 km away.
Dressing for Shalimar
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 73°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Shalimar gets about 70.94 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 39°F