Visitors can enjoy all that Freeport has to offer including its golf courses. Chautauqua Vineyards, Silver Sands Premium Outlets, and Destin Commons are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 4015 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- The closest major airport is in Panama City, FL (ECP-Northwest Florida Beaches Intl.), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 21.6 mi (34.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeport
A favorite place to visit in the city is Windswept Dunes Golf Course. In the area, you'll also find Chautauqua Vineyards and Silver Sands Premium Outlets.
As you plan for your vacation to Freeport, you might not find accommodations centrally located, but you can choose from 4570 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Waterfront Home In Beautiful, Serene Setting. Close To Beaches! is located 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the heart of Freeport. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Panama City Beach can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. Our customers like its dining options and comfortable rooms.
- Waterfront Cottage Fishing Kayak Canoe is 4.1 mi (6.7 km) from central Freeport. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star resort in Fort Walton Beach can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with pillowtop beds. Our customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
- Legacy by the Sea is 24.8 mi (40 km) from the center of Freeport. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Panama City Beach can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its comfortable rooms and walkable location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Destin Commons, located 19.1 mi (30.7 km) from the city center, and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park, which is 21.9 mi (35.2 km) away.
Dressing for Freeport
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 75°F during the day and 38°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 92°F, while the average at night is 49°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 62°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 38°F
- Freeport gets about 56.50 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and June are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 40°F