Visiting Santa Rosa Beach
Travelers to Santa Rosa Beach give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its relaxing and scenic setting. Silver Sands Premium Outlets, Destin Commons, and Big Kahuna's Water and Adventure Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 4037 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fort Walton Beach - Destin
- The closest major airport is in Destin, FL (DSI-Destin-Fort Walton Beach), 18 mi (28.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Panama City, FL (ECP-Northwest Florida Beaches Intl.), 22.2 mi (35.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Santa Rosa Beach
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Point Washington State Forest, Blue Mountain Beach, and Grayton Beach State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are South Walton Visitor Center and Eden Gardens State Park.
In Santa Rosa Beach, there are 830 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- WaterColor Inn & Resort - This 4-star resort features 5 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and beach locale.
- 30-A Suites - Our customers like the overall value and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- WaterSound Inn - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with an in-room kitchen.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Silver Sands Premium Outlets, located 10.7 mi (17.3 km) from the city center, and Destin Commons, which is 15.1 mi (24.4 km) away.
Dressing for Santa Rosa Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 75°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 62°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 38°F at night
- About 63.70 inches of rain falls on Santa Rosa Beach each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 40°F