Visitors to Monroe are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's university setting, cafés, and opera houses. Top sights in the area include Spectrum Center, Bank of America Stadium, and Carowinds Theme Park.
- You'll find 562 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Charlotte
- The closest major airport is in Charlotte, NC (CLT-Charlotte-Douglas Intl.), 28.4 mi (45.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, NC (USA-Concord Regional), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Monroe
A couple of favorite places to visit are Treehouse Vineyards and Pebble Creek Golf Course. You'll also find Olde Sycamore Golf Plantation and Matthews Community Center in the area.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 12 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Monroe. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Monroe - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Hampton Inn Monroe - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Best Western Inn & Suites - Monroe - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Spectrum Center, 24.1 mi/38.8 km from the city center, and Bank of America Stadium, which is 24.5 mi/39.5 km away.
Dressing for Monroe
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 90°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 30°F at night
- About 46.93 inches of rain falls on Monroe each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 90°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F