Find Beach Hotels & Resorts in Monterey, CA from $47
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on Dec 3, 2020
Reviewed on Jan 19, 2021
Reviewed on Nov 29, 2020
More Beachfront Hotels in Monterey
- Monterey Tides2600 Sand Dunes Dr, Monterey, CA
The price is $167 per night from Jan 27 to Jan 283.7/5Good! (1,755 reviews)
- Monterey Bay Inn242 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA
The price is $164 per night from Feb 1 to Feb 24.5/5Wonderful! (981 reviews)
- InterContinental the Clement Monterey750 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA
The price is $170 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 254.6/5Exceptional! (987 reviews)
- Hotel 1110 - Adults Only1110 Del Monte Ave, Monterey, CA
The price is $108 per night from Jan 21 to Jan 224.3/5Excellent! (986 reviews)
- Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey BayTwo Portola Plaza, Monterey, CA
The price is $209 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 254.4/5Excellent! (1,026 reviews)
- Martine Inn255 Ocean View Blvd, Pacific Grove, CA
The price is $199 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 254.3/5Excellent! (200 reviews)
- Centrella Inn612 Central Ave, Pacific Grove, CA
The price is $99 per night from Jan 25 to Jan 264.4/5Excellent! (868 reviews)
- Mariposa Inn & Suites1386 Munras Avenue, Monterey, CA
The price is $80 per night from Jan 21 to Jan 224/5Very Good! (1,434 reviews)
- Super 8 by Wyndham Monterey2120 N Fremont Street, Monterey, CA
The price is $56 per night from Jan 21 to Jan 223.7/5Good! (994 reviews)
- Spindrift Inn652 Cannery Row, Monterey, CA
The price is $183 per night from Feb 2 to Feb 34.6/5Wonderful! (974 reviews)
Beach Condos in Monterey
- New Listing! Ocean-view Getaway W/ Beach Access 3 Bedroom HomeOne Ocean Ave, Carmel, CAGet Rates
- Ocean Pines #28 - Pebble Beach Condo - Oceanview LuxuryPebble Beach, CAGet Rates5/5Exceptional! (1 review)
- Oceanview Designer Beach House 2 Free Aquarium Passes License #0366Pacific Grove, CAGet Rates4.3/5Excellent! (91 reviews)
- Banyan - Carmel Condo - Modern CondoCarmel, CAGet Rates4.9/5Exceptional! (23 reviews)
- Hyatt Residents Club, Carmel Highlands InnCarmel, CAGet Rates
- Indulge yourself in a spectaclar 2 bedroom unit at the Hyatt Highlands Inn.Carmel, CAGet Rates
- Downtown Carmel - Walk To Everything! - 1br/2ba Exec Suite "A"Carmel, CAGet Rates4.9/5Exceptional! (83 reviews)
- Ocean Harbor 110 - Monterey Condo - Oceanview, Surf SoundsMonterey, CAGet Rates5/5Exceptional! (1 review)
- Hawthorne 901A - Monterey Condo - Walk to Beach and AquariumMonterey, CAGet Rates
- 3709 Lover's Point Beach Retreat585 Ocean View Blvd. #3, Pacific Grove, CAGet Rates
Beach Villas in Monterey
- Villa by the Sea, Off Ocean Ave, Carmel-By-The-SeaCarmel, CA
The price is $213 per night from Jan 24 to Jan 254.3/5Excellent! (10 reviews)
- Ocean View Historic Seven Bedroom Villa: Lx41Carmel, CAGet Rates3/5 (1 review)
- Lx1: Chateau D' Renaitre - Carmel-by-the-sea Luxury Villa:46 Tehama, Carmel, CAGet Rates
- Renaissance Carmel Valley Villa With Pool AND HOT Tub: LX3Carmel Valley, CAGet Rates5/5Exceptional! (10 reviews)
- Hyatt Residence Club Carmel, CaCarmel, CAGet Rates
- Lx22: Luxury Estate Carmel By The SeaSAN ANTONIO AVE, Carmel, CAGet Rates
- Lx33: Luxury Vacation Villa On Pebble Beach With Pool3140 Spruance, Pebble Beach, CAGet Rates
- Lx1a Luxury Contemporary Villa IN THE Middle OF Nature With LAR10 Alta Madera Av., Carmel, CAGet Rates
- 360 Ocean View AND Golf Course Luxury Villa: Lx14Pacific Grove, CAGet Rates4.9/5Exceptional! (7 reviews)
- Lx16: Valley View Above The Wineries With Hot Tub114 Story road, Carmel Valley, Carmel Valley, CAGet Rates
Beach Hotels in Monterey
Known for its stunning beaches and world-class whale watching, Monterey has a lot to offer the traveler dreaming of a beach holiday. This seaside destination has 188 beach hotels and other accommodation options to choose from, so it's easy to find one that works for you.
As you browse for a place to stay by the water in Monterey, check out these top-rated beach hotels with positive customer reviews.
Best Western Beach Dunes Inn - 3 hotel, 6-minute walk from Marina State Beach. It features continental, a spa tub, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Guests love the central location and overall value.
Lighthouse Lodge And Cottages - 3 hotel, 6-minute walk from Oceanview Boulevard. Our travelers recommend its central location and shopping. This hotel boasts an outdoor pool, continental, and complimentary wireless Internet access.
Normandy Inn - 2.5 hotel, 5-minute walk from Carmel Beach. It offers an outdoor pool, daily, and complimentary wireless Internet access. Guest reviews highlight the beach and breakfast.
Monterey Peninsula Inn - 2.5 hotel, 8-minute walk from Oceanview Boulevard. It features daily, complimentary wireless Internet access, and free self parking. Guests love the pool and central location.
Spindrift Inn - 3.5 romantic hotel on the beach. Our travelers recommend its beach and size. This hotel boasts daily, complimentary wireless Internet access, and a rooftop terrace.
Planning Your Trip to Monterey
Good weather can be important during a beach vacation, so you can use these local temperature and rainfall averages to decide when to visit.
- Hottest months: September, October, August, and July, with an average temperature of 69°F
- Coldest months: December, January, February, and March, with an average temperature of 44°F
- Driest months: May, October, April, and November, with an average rainfall of 1.33 inches
- Rainiest months: January, February, December, and March, with an average rainfall of 3.79 inches
Sightseeing in and Around MontereyAfter arriving and checking into your hotel, you'll probably want to explore your surroundings. If you're excited to scope out the beaches, spend a relaxing day by the water at Carmel Beach or San Carlos Beach - The Breakwater. Take advantage of the area's whale watching and golf courses, and make time for local attractions like Fisherman's Wharf and Monterey Bay Aquarium. For more things to see and do, consider visiting Maritime Museum or Dennis the Menace Park. Visitors also enjoy Monterey for its:
Getting Around Monterey
To get to Monterey, book a flight to Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula), the closest major airport, which is located 2.6 mi (4.2 km) from the city center. If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Salinas Station. You can explore water transportation options at the local marina.