Visiting Mount Airy
Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Mount Airy, which is also known for its shopping and local tours. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries.
- There are 24 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Airy
- The closest major airport is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 32.9 mi (52.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 46.3 mi (74.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Airy
Cultural venues in the city include The Andy Griffith Museum, Mount Airy Visitors Center, and Mount Airy Museum of Regional History. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mayberry Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. Top activities include taking local tours and wine tasting, while Cross Creek Country Club, Round Peak Vineyard, and Jolo Winery and Vineyards are favorite sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 24 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Mount Airy. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Mount Airy - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn and Suites Dobson - Our customers like the dining options and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn Mount Airy - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Mount Airy
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 64°F during the day and 23°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 86°F, while the average at night is 35°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 49°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 24°F
- Mount Airy gets about 46.81 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 86°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 25°F